Thursday 5 January 2012

2011 Retrospective - Fall

When I finished the program in September, the flightcentre.ca was offering one of these flight deals to Fort Lauderdale by $299.00. Given that my wife’s cousin lives there and he would land me his truck to drive around, I couldn’t contain myself and bought the ticket. Fly fishing the Florida East Coast without a guide in its channels, inlets and in the surf was not such an easy task. Figuring out a new place alone is never an easy task, one actually spend more time fishing on Googlemaps and getting lost than in the water itself in most of the cases. However, I finally found one of the greatest Snook spots that I have ever fished, and this spot is located in Stuart. It is almost possible to see it when you type Stuart, FL on googlemaps. That’s all I can say here…


Who said I am a purist? (2x)





Back to Toronto I started to plan my trip to Rio Negro, Amazon. I have already explained in details this trip here and shared some of the best pictures, thus I will just post some extra pics that I didn’t posted anywhere before. For me, there is no other place that encompasses the same number of aspects that makes this place one of the best fishing destinations in the world. I will quote Dennis Bitton, famous angler who wrote about the Amazon Peacock Bass:
“If you were to use the predators that inhabit Africa’s Serengeti Plain as an analogy, a speedy Smallmouth Bass would be the Cheetah, the lurking Largemouth the Leopard, and the Peacock Bass, or Pavon as the natives call it, would be the massive and magnificent Lion”







I thought that I would not have too many fishing opportunities after coming back from Amazon, because last year by the end of November, the creeks around Toronto were already freezing up during this time of the year, and I am still trying to get excited with the idea of Ice Fishing. However, this year, I was fishing in the middle of December! That was a great Steelhead season and it seems that it will continuous to be as the forecast for this winter is “mild” weather. Again, I will try to do not use the same pics that I used in recent reports.

A resident brownie caught while fishing for Salmon in Eastern Toronto tribs

Fall Chinnook

An early fall fat Lake O chrome




And my last fish to end this year!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for you all!
“I walk in beauty. In beauty I walk.”
- Navaho saying

No comments:

Post a Comment